Thursday, January 9, 2014

Eat Your Heart Out



I’ve become the mom you want to hate.

No, it’s not because I have a flat tummy or a standing Saturday night sitter (I wish!)

It’s because…

I got my kids to eat veggies!

Go on, start hating…

I know what you’re thinking, but it’s not avocado (the dessert vegetable).

My kids are eating...broccoli!

Ok, I have to give props to my hubby. (Hate him too.) He’s the one who figured out how to accomplish this. And I’m sure he’s not the first to do it, but he’s really good at it. Since I’m a nice person, I will share his trick with you. Ready?

Just pretend you’re a GIANT eating TREES!

Make your voice really low and stomp around the kitchen till you get to the broccoli, pick it up, and say, “mmmm, me like to eat trees!” and stuff it in your mouth.

(It’s okay if you sound like Cookie Monster. That’ll work too.)

My kids love it and they imitate it. They finish all their broccoli!

It also works with cauliflower (“snow-covered trees”)

Now you, too can be the people other parents hate!

You’re welcome.