Wednesday, March 26, 2014

To Potty Or Not To Potty?




I’ve already mentioned how cute my 22-month-old is, right?  

One thing she does that I love is sit on her little potty next to her brother while he’s using the toilet. She thinks she’s “using the potty” even though she’s still in her Pampers® Easy Ups, and I’m pretty sure nothing’s coming out most of the time. But she likes to think she’s making use of it.

Here’s the thing. (Of course, I have to find an issue with it):
When my son was first potty training, I wondered whether we should have just gone straight to the toilet seat and skipped the potty all together. I mean, why not just have the pee or poop go into the toilet? Why give ourselves and the kids extra clean-up? Why not eliminate the middle-man?

But of course we kept the potty around, and now my daughter enjoys sitting on it. I’m not going to get rid of something that might assist in the potty training process.

So, I’ve devised a plan. When it’s time for her to actually take off her Pampers® Easy Ups and do her business, we'll introduce her to a toilet seat. Perhaps we’ll get a special one just for her. And she will love it and go in it on her own…and she will learn to wipe herself...and she will also teach herself to read!  

Why not?  Gotta dream big, right?


P.S. She likes to put Bear on the potty too.